By Girma Biresaw,K.L. Mittal
Includes Theoretical, Experimental, and Technological Advances
Providing a special exploration of the nexus among surfactants and tribology, this article represents the cumulative services of best scientists and technologists engaged within the research of surfactants in variegated tribological phenomena. prepared thematically for simple reference, the amount covers—
· basics of surfactants
· Tribological facets of micro- and nanodevices, together with micro-patterns of two-dimensional asperity arrays, MEMS, NEMS, and magnetic recording units
· Self-assembled monolayers and ultra-thin movies correct to tribological phenomena, together with facets of organosilane monolayers, ultrathin self-assembled motion pictures, super-hydrophobic motion pictures, MoDTC/ZDDP tribofilms, and surfactant-coated copper nanoparticles
· Polymeric and biobased surfactants, overlaying numerous tribological features regarding polymeric gels, elastomers sliding opposed to hydrophilic and hydrophobic surfaces, agriculture-based amphiphiles, vegetable oils, and biobased greases
· Surfactant adsorption and aggregation appropriate to tribological phenomena, reminiscent of the layout of surfactants for lubrication, aqueous non-ionic surfactant-based lubricants, adsorption and aggregation kinetics, surfactant and polymer nanostructures, and engine oils
The first connection with comprehensively deal with the relevance of surfactants in tribology, this booklet is a useful consultant for people engaged in study, improvement, and production, particularly these engaged within the examine of MEMS, NEMS, SAMs, andbiodevices.
Read or Download Surfactants in Tribology, Volume 1 PDF
Best physical & theoretical chemistry books
Fresh advancements in nanoparticle and microparticle supply structures are revolutionizing supply platforms within the foodstuff undefined. those advancements have the aptitude to resolve some of the technical demanding situations interested by growing encapsulation, safeguard, and supply of energetic elements, corresponding to shades, flavors, preservatives, supplementations, minerals, and nutraceuticals.
Colloid Formation and development: A Chemical Kinetics technique specializes in the technological know-how of colloid dynamics built from the point of view of chemical kinetics. This publication consists of 7 chapters and starts with a dialogue of the 2 actual loss difficulties of kinetic curiosity, specifically, the diffusional loss to the partitions of response method and gravitational settling.
Stereochemistry of Organometallic and Inorganic Compounds, quantity three: Chemical Bonds—Better how you can lead them to and holiday Them makes a speciality of the techniques, methodologies, reactions, and ways fascinated with the making and breaking of bonds. the choice first tackles heterometallic clusters in catalysis and steric and digital results at the photochemical reactions of metal-metal bonded carbonyls.
Reflecting the considerably elevated curiosity in tautomerism, this ebook demonstrates the transformation of basic wisdom into novel thoughts and the newest purposes. every one bankruptcy introduces the theoretical history, prior to reviewing and significantly discussing the experimental ideas and corresponding purposes.
- Physical Chemistry: Pearson New International Edition
- The Fullerenes: New Horizons for the Chemistry, Physics and Astrophysics of Carbon
- Kinetics Of Gas Reaction VIB: Kinetics of Gas Reactions v. 6B
- Stable Gas-in-Liquid Emulsions: Production in Natural Waters and Artificial Media: 19 (Studies in Interface Science)
- Advances in Concrete Slab Technology: Proceedings of the International Conference on Concrete Slabs Held at Dundee University, 3-6 April 1979
- Photomechanical Materials, Composites, and Systems: Wireless Transduction of Light into Work
Extra resources for Surfactants in Tribology, Volume 1
Surfactants in Tribology, Volume 1 by Girma Biresaw,K.L. Mittal